Sunday 25 January 2015

Grow Your Blog 2015

I am joining in with the Grow Your Blog party again this year which is hosted by the lovely Vicki at 2bags full. If you haven't visited her blog please do and join in meeting and greeting all the lovely bloggers who are participating.
This blog is where it all started for me as a blogger. Initially it was a blog all about welcoming a new boy-kitten called Red coming into our lives and his first year as he made it from a pom-pom with legs and a cute face to an adult cat. It also features Magic who is now an eleven year old Tortoiseshell girl-cat.
Way back in 2009 
 
Five years along the line it kept rolling and this is now their exclusive home.
The boy - all 'growed' up...
...but still as floofy!
 
Red is just the sweetest natured cat and a delight to have around. He is very bold around the house and with his favoured humans but is terrified of visitors or loud noises.
He is getting better, though he still bolts when the door is knocked, but will come out for a nosy once his curiosity gets the better of him. We live in Glasgow, Scotland and rarely get any decent snow so it's always an event for the snow lovers here.
Magic is a wise, loving and wonderful soul companion.
She is also having a very tough time right now. She is an insulin dependent diabetic on a very high level of insulin which is having little effect.
This is due to acromegaly from a pituitary tumour and she is awaiting neurosurgery which is scheduled for next month in London. 
Due to her uncontrolled diabetes she is voraciously hungry, constantly and screeches at me to tell me so including overnight which is difficult for all.   
 
She is such a sweet and loving little cat that she has borne her illness with amazing grace and my heart melts with love for her as she has always been there through some very rough and testing times for me too.
  
I am planning, where time allows, to blog about her surgery journey as we will be travelling to London which will be a bit of an adventure as I have a knee problem so a lame human and a sick cat is not the ideal combo. The surgery is fairly cutting edge stuff by all accounts as this is not yet a mainstream treatment. I am praying all goes well and this is a success story and so far the odds are that 21 cats have been treated and 18 have survived. However, I will update and share what knowledge I have acquired, come what may.

I will have a giveaway but just haven't planned what to give as yet so will announce it in the next few days. I am thinking something to please the cat in your life and something for their willing human servants. Even if you don't have a cat you wont lose out and it will be open worldwide.

Thank you so much for visiting and please feel free to leave a comment if you'd like. I have another blog over at Gone Beading which the cats allow me to use as my own space and you'll be just as welcome there! I'll look forward to visiting everyone's blogs and saying hello.

20 comments:

  1. What lovely cats! I will keep Magic in my thoughts - I hope every thing goes well with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paws crossed for your upcoming surgery for Magic - I am purring lots for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cats! I have four, with one of them suffering from cancer, and I'm also trying all sorts of natural therapies to see if I can "cure" her.
    It's so sad when our animals are suffering. Most of my cats are also scared of strangers and when there's a knock at the door they all hide away.
    Do you feed your cats dry food? When my cat was diagnosed with cancer the naturopath vet I took her to, told me to change their food to raw food as soon as possible as dry food was the cause of diabetes, arthritis, cancers...
    Best of luck with the operation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so hoping for success with surgery for Magic. She is a beauty, and God bless you for being so devoted to her care! We have 6 cats - all rescued, some from trauma. It is so heartwarming to see them thriving now - warm and with full tummies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck for Magic Hugs and Snuggle,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have and will say a prayer for Magic, If God created them he must love them too. I'm following to see how she does and Red is gorgeous.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopped by from GYB, and i love that this is a kitty blog!
    best of luck to you on your surgery, furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am purring and have my paws crossed for Magic's surgery to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to the GYB party!!! sweet kitty's .. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear!!! My beloved kitty Raphael has been on insulin for almost 4 years now and it has been a roller coaster ride for sure. He has lost most of his eye sight, just this past summer and today of all days, the Grow Your Blog party he had a seizure! I don't know who fared worse my husband or Raphael!!! I had a kitty in the past that had epilepsy so I knew what was going on right away but poor DH freaked and really didn't understand what on earth was happening. To say the least my fur is pretty ruffled still over this newest occurrence but all I can do is hope and for the best. Raphael has his little fluffy tail completely and utterly wrapped around my heart and he is around 15 years old at this point... My love and positive energies are being sent to your little fur baby that everything goes well in London next month. My love and positive energies go out to you for the upcoming ordeal.
    Hugs from a new friend from across the pond...
    Beth P
    The Whimsical Dowager
    New Hampshire USA
    P.S. I also am following your human blog :D (giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I initially came to your blog because I have two cats. One is a young kitten, the other is the face of my blog. Then I read your story and kept scrolling down, reading even more. I so hope the surgery in London goes well. An 85% success rate may not sound good when it's your loved one, but it sounds pretty good to a statistician like myself in a previous life.

    I really enjoyed meeting Red and Magic. I look forward to visiting them again.

    I guess it's obvious, I'm here from GYB. http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-blog-hop-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope the surgery goes well. We lived with a diabetic cat for 6 years, which - thanks to a brilliant vet - was controlled well. I wish you well. Both your kitties are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting via GYB from St. John's, NL Canada. We had cats years ago. One lived for 17 years. Thanks for sharing your cat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get better, sweet Magic! My mommy has diabetes, too, and is on a lot of insulin like you. Crossing paws for your surgery! Mommy had a diabetic cat before brandi. She was a cuddler!
    Scotland. My mommy is sighing. It has been over 40 years since she was in England, and is very sad that she couldn't get to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bast, we missed ANOTHER great event by TBT not helping us visit our friends EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to meet you and your little furry friends - so sorry Magic is so ill and I'm so hopeful that the surgery is a rousing success. I've had cats all my life up until last year when my DH suddenly developed a bad allergy. Now our Cosmo lives with our son.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, I was cat rescue here in Hull for 20 odd years so know how entertaining and how much our cats can mean to us.
    Ive never had so few cats for years and now have just 2 and one of those was a rehoming from twits who couldn't care for a youngster last year lol My elderly lady was dumped with new born kittens, that I trapped and rescued years ago and its taken all this time to win her trust. She was too nervous to ever home on bless her.
    I truly hope Magic comes through the surgery and admire your resolve to make her life more enjoyable and comfortable.
    Love the little neck warmer/cover idea, beats those huge great plastic collars, which in this case wouldn't have been practical anyway of course.
    Will keep my fingers crossed for her : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bless your dear cat. My cat Roger would make fast friends with her I'm sure. :)
    - afistfuloflemons @ gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are so happy to meet both of you little kitties. We love the gorgeous photos that you shared with us. Hope your having a wonderful day full of kitty fun. Thanks for the share.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!