Saturday 16 November 2013

Happiness

Just looking at this picture I was struck by all the happy things in it.
  • My fluffy boy-cat, always drapes himself over whatever it is that interests me
  • A box of shiny, sparkly seed beads so full of possibility (and a cat head!)
  • My dining table so generously gifted by my friend Eva and delivered and put together by her husband while we nattered and made breakfast last year
  • A very tall glass of Cherry Pepsi Max, my guilty pleasure
  • My box of Swarovski crystals (behind Red's hip) which just mesmerise me
  • One of my favourite tall 'Glencoe' style coffee mugs from Dunoon Potteries and an IKEA tumbler
  • Pretty patterned scissors - anyone who knows me knows about my 'pretty scissor fetish'
  • Mondriaan style hankie box in the background which is a pattern I love and have an online tutorial for making a canvas or a rag rug which may get made someday 
  • Sunlight diffusing through the beautiful dragonfly voiles - I didn't realise I had bought these many years before for the other house but never used them. When I moved I found these and Odette and I measured them, Anita managed to unpick the seams and re-sew to fit absolutely perfectly and Odette and I argued confusedly for ages when hanging them as we couldn't work out which way up they were to go. Just for accuracy she was right they are dragonflies and not skinny wonky butterflies as I thought.
  • Time - this cant be seen here but, as I have my beads out, a very relaxed cat rolling about waiting to be petted, coffee and pepsi to hand then it is an odds on bet I had a little time to be creative and reflective and at peace
Sometimes pictures capture so much more of your life than what you think you are recording.
 
This is a cross post with my other blog http://gonebeading.blogspot.co.uk/ as this picture just seems to bring both together and I couldn't decide which one it belonged on.
 
Have a great weekend everyone.


6 comments:

  1. Those sure are great things ta see in the picture! TBT allus sees lots of things in the pictures HE takes of us too, but most of THOSE mean he needs to clean more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are just the greatest. Just look, you wrote a whole story about one picture. Good job. Hope all of you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we lived with you all those things would have been whapped onto the floor by now!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just love your post. This is the whole reason we love photography. I captures all those little things we sometimes are too busy or too distracted to notice.

    ...did you say CHERRY Pepsi Max???
    ; ) Katie & Glogirly

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much awesomeness in just one photo! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!