Thursday 5 February 2015

Post-Operative News-Thankful Thursday

This is just a short note on Magic's progress. I am minus my laptop which is being repaired so pecking this out on a tablet while fending off Red who keeps standing on it!

Last week Magic and I undertook our Dick Whittington trip to London to get her pre-operative scan, which was the last investigation prior to her surgery. This confirmed she had a 6mm tumour in her pituitary gland and a transphenoidal hypophysectomy was performed on Monday afternoon.

She is now three day postoperative and despite a scare yesterday she is doing very well and charming her ITU team who are caring for her. She's not out of the woods yet as she has quite a bit of recovering to do yet but her team are monitoring her very closely and managing her condition very well.

I am so impressed with the quality and commitment of her Critical Care team. It is hard being 400miles away from her while she is going through this but I know she is getting wonderful care. I would have loved to stay nearby but thought it was better that I used my annual leave to be with her once I bring her home. This has been a very scary and stressful time for me as it has been hard to hand over my beloved girlie knowing how major an operation and recovery she would face.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and purrs as they certainly seem to be working. I'll update you on her progress and fingers crossed she doesn't throw any more wobblies as I don't think my nerves could tolerate it.

15 comments:

  1. I am glad Magic is doing well and hope she continues to do so. I will keep purring for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Magic is sick and needing the op, but am purring and praying she will be ok xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're continuing to send purrs and purrayers, and have our paws crossed that her recovery will go smoothly. Lots of hugs and head butts from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending LOADS of purrs to Magic as she recovers - so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We continue to send our strongest healing purrs to Magic and our paws are crossed that she will make a good recovery without too many setbacks.
    Purrs ... Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well we all have our paws crossed for Magic and send some mighty purrs that she recovers without any trouble. Lots of prayers coming to both you Magic and the Mom. Keep positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad she has had a good recovery so far. Will check back and continue to send purrs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like quite an ordeal for both of you and I hope she continues to recover nicely.

    I'm visiting from the GYBP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything went well with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly had quite the journey. I am glad all went well and Magic is improving. I will add her to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so impressed. Impressed ghat she could ride a train with you!!! not in the US :( I am so happy she did well. Thank you for coming to my blog. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!