Monday 27 October 2014

Cat's Protection Trip

Normally all my spare linens and donations go to the SSPCA Cat and Dog Home at Cardonald but a few weeks ago I decided to give to the Cat's Protection Society just for a change. Magic no longer needs the U40 caninsulin and VetUK syringes as she uses U100 human ones for her Insulin Glargine and they replied to say they'd be delighted to receive the syringes.
I was keen to donate these quickly just in case I made an error and lifted the wrong dose syringe so off sat nav and I went to find the place which was up a winding road like these places often are.
How could you resist this sweet face?
There were also some more spare items like the expensive sachets I'd bought to tempt Magic's appetite and some varieties like the Whiskas or unusual sachets that they both refuse to eat. The orange print bag contains a bag of cat litter that weighs heavier than lead and the staff ended up getting a barrow and it took two of them to heave it out.
Two kittens sleeping the way kittens do! (pic poor due to the glass)
 
I didn't get any pics of the adult cats as I spent ages chatting to one of the staff while petting one of the longterm cats and fussing over it. It was a lovely cat but I had been warned it could get a bit swipey when it had had enough. Sure enough, as it was taking lots and lots of loving I forgot and got a good old scratch to the knuckles. My fault really for not giving the cat ALL my attention and daring to chat to someone else at the same time! I'd also forgotten normal cats have scratchy claws unlike mine who get regular mani-pedis. I brought home some kitty grass and some car stickers which were free but I made a donation as charities like this need all the support they can get.
I do hope Magic and Red enjoy their first kitty grass....if I ever manage to grow the stuff successfully that is....!

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure that the CPL cats will be grateful for all your gifts....Eliot and Byron,our two CPLers would say thank you if they were still here.
    Ours love cat grass,but have the habit of pulling the stalk out by the root,leaving a mucky mess on the floor.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We ourselfs have been collecting stuff that cat shelters could use. TBT is deciding on a local shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great donation! And I'm sure very much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gesture when your up to your ears in your own worries, you such a sweetie.

    Baggage, one of our foster cats, is a little swipey as well and she's is worse when people come to view her. It's such a shame because she is lovely and just wants full attention when your fussing her x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Mum sponsors a cage at the CPL and every month they send her details and pictures of all the cats that have passed through her cage during that month. Sometimes there are a few but sometimes the same cat can be there for two or three months. She gets little videos sometimes showing the cats leaving with their new owners and it always makes her cry with joy.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cats will be very glad of your kind donation. I take food and toys that Flynn no longer plays with to a local shelter. The toys are all cleaned and freshly marinated in nip and apparently are appreciated by the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These appreciate all donations; good on you for helping so much!! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful donation! We're sure it will be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure they were really pleased to have all that lot. I often give stuff to our local shelter for the table top sales that they hold, any little helps doesn't it.
    You've reminded me that I must get some grass, there 's not much left in the garden now.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet of you to do these donations. I must look into the needs of my local shelter. Blessings - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really nice that you were able to visit the shelter and donate so much good stuff. When I introduce new volunteers to the cats at PAWS, I try to make sure that they always keep an eye on the cat they are petting to watch for signals. We all forget sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm surprised you didn't come home with another one, I think I would find it hard to resist.
    My son has a nerve referring to me as crazy, he has 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 horses, at least I don't have to muck the cats out each day. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that is a good thing for that shelter to get those supplies and good for all the kitties too. That sounds like a great place. You all have a super Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The " wee Glasgow"
    Made me smile
    Don't all Glasgow cats wee?

    ReplyDelete
  15. We hope everyone is happy and well and beautiful Magic is doing better with the insulin...Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, sweet friends...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing the wonderful news about the donation. We love seeing th cute kitten photo. They are so tired. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!