Tuesday 3 January 2012

Windy Windae

The vile and scary winds today have fair been putting the wind up me and one of the cats. I woke to the bedroom windows being battered by huge gusts and trying to come into the room. As the wind picked up tempo I got more and more concerned and decided it was not safe to pull the covers over my head. Red was also getting quite anxious and kept disappearing behind the curtains then coming back out and looking very disconcerted.

So I carted Magic from her sleeping space, to her complete annoyance, and took them both through to the other side of the house to settle all of us. It was less windy but on looking out of the window I saw the car next to mine had a huge smashed windscreen as the tiles had come from the high building opposite and the street looked like a war zone. I was too scared to go out to see if mine had sustained damage.

Red was a little more settled in the living room for all of a few seconds before he obviously decided it was more than he could take and legged it. He didnt even come out for food which is astonishing. In nine hours I've seen him once when he made a fleeting visit before he fled at the next gust. I still have no idea where he is hiding. The boy is a complete woose with nerves of pure candy floss. Magic has slept through with one short visit to scoff her breakfast.

Update: these winds were much worse than the 'hurricane' the month earlier and apparently the roof tile bombardment had actually come mainly from my building. Another other neighbour's car also got struck although less severely. She was very pragmatic about it, even when commenting that the two dents now took her car from the appearance category of 'a great wee runner' to 'clapped out'! I didn't escape entirely unscathed though as one of the tile shards punctured my tyre:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!